Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Westerville Area Folks

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm starting the relocation process as I know it will take some time. If we are going to move, my wife is only willing to consider Columbus. In a strange turn of fate, I connected with one of my ex's husbands (or course the ex my wife can't stand) and he is willing to help me get hired on at his company. We like the Westerville area. Looking for suggestions on particular areas in the neck of the woods to look for apartments or houses. (Not sure which route we will go just yet.) Also, does anyone have a real estate agent they trust in the area? Other suggestions on that general vicinity that I should consider?

It may be a situation where I work there through the week, then come home until we get our house sold, so if anyone wants to rent me a bed or couch, let's work something out!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I really hate to hear that you are having to go through this right now. Im keeping you in my thoughts. If I was in the area I would make room for you. Good luck brother.

Jamie

Ohio
I've lived on the north side of Columbus most of my adult life, and in Westerville for for 8 years, until I moved to where I currently reside. I still work there regularly, too. I liked it there, and would categorize it as one of the better parts of the greater Columbus area, but I would stay further north, which is partly why I moved. there has been a ton of development between Westerville and Sunbury in the last 15 years, and there are plenty of good neighborhoods to choose from. I don't know any agents to recommend, but the schools are good, access to shopping and stuff is good, and you will practically be neighbors with Milo and me. maybe that ain't a great selling point for Westerville, though. lmao

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I gotta say that Sunbury (where Sean, Eric and I live) is great and just north of Westerville. Plenty of housing going up but it is expensive. A decent apartment is minimum $1k/month. Subdivision living in the Westerville/Sunbury area is going to be $250k on average.

For a bit more rural and cheaper is the Centerburg and Marengo areas.

My wife and I are starting the home search process now and I would go Marengo if it weren't for my wife's well established client base for her daycare.

We have a line on a house that is in probate now and it is literally around the corner from me and is nice. 4 bed, 2 bath 2,100 Sq ft with finished basement and outbuilding. In talking with the family it looks like $229k without using realtors. We will see...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Depending on our employment, a $200K house would be about right. $1K for rent is something I could handle as well. Even though that's $200 more than I pay for a mortage, insurance and taxes on 2.34 acres... :smiley_blackeye:

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I'm in Centerburg. You could a nice house with a couple acres up here for under 200k. It's about a 25 minute drive down route 3 to Westerville.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You can find country living within a 15-20 min drive of Columbus. Granted there's far less trees in this part of the country. I'd put you up but it would be an hour and a half drive for ya and that's if traffic cooperates. A little rain or snow and you might hit two hours. That and there's a ton going on in the house right now. If you know what I mean. I'm sure you don't want to deal with that. Lol.

The best piece of advice I can give is pay attention to traffic patterns. You do not want to be east of Columbus trying to get in each morning. And the Westerville or sunberry exits can be backed up for miles in the evenings after 5. I would recommend finding a good ingress / egress route and locating housing there.

Buckmaster

Portage
Another twist....

I know 2 guys from the Cleveland area. One works in Boston, the other Columbus. They have apartments they stay at during the week and come home on weekends.
Both guys make over $ 125k+ so they can afford that lifestyle.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear that you have to move buddy but sometimes we're forced to do things that are difficult. If this job and move do happen I hope all the best in your transition! It's cool we have some great guys in that area that you can hook up with from time to time and they might be able to help you decide on areas in which to start looking for your new digs.

Joe has some great points about the traffic! You'll definitely want to move out into the country cuz if you're anything like I imagine you are you'll be a fish out of water like I was when I first moved to the Cincy area back in 1990!

Good luck buddy!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
We need to talk about this strategically. If you do move up this way, we have to consider scouting areas for waterfowl as a prerequisite for where to live. I'll start mapping this out so it makes sense. : )

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I'm here in Sunbury too. The property taxes are better than Westerville (except Columbus corp with Westerville schools which you don't want). I have a realtor here that I've used for 12 years. She's solid and I can get you her name and contact if you want it. Like Charles said, Marengo area is good if you were looking for land and to build. This area up here is exploding in growth. New outlook mall going in on the Interstate, parade of homes, etc.