Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A life hunting goal of mine is finally reached!!

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Hey guys, I had my 8 point officially scored yesterday by a guy from the pope and young. I always thought I "knew" how to score a deer and this guy taught me a ton. My buck officially grossed 142 and netted 137 7/8. It only had 4 1/8 deductions (1 2/8 from the kicker). It always has been a dream of mine to get into the Pope and Young and now it's official. I couldn't be happier right now and even though there are a lot bigger deer out there this buck is a buck of a lifetime for me!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456083297.057630.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456083316.514655.jpg

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nick- That is a fantastic buck. An 8pt netting upper 130's is nothing to sneeze at. Congrats on making P&Y.

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Thanks everyone! I'm beyond proud of this deer! When I said there are bigger ones out there it was just meant that there are higher scorers that's all. Not that I'm disappointed in the least. Trust me, if this is the biggest deer I ever kill I'm more than content with that! He made my goal come true! But you better believe I wouldn't mind killing a B&C buck next haha!