Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

450 Marlin......again

ab_bentley

It's been a while but I have some updates.

I recently built one for a local guy. A 450 Marlin on the WSM action Winchester 70. He requested a X-Caliber barrel and that was the gist of it. For the build he bought a NIB 325 WSM with CRF. I was happy to note the BACO bedded these rifles to their stocks, which makes it better for those that want to use the original stocks, like this customer. Anyway on to the pictures.

The BACO employees really don't want you taking these things apart. For those that venture down this road, it's easier to take a Howa apart than it is to get one of these suckers off.

Alas it gave up the ghost.

Getting the barrel dialed in and prepping for cutting the tenon and threads.

After getting the threads cut and fit to the action. For those that care the cone on the BACO actions are still the normal 41.5 degrees.

Getting the chamber cut and polished. I didn't get any pictures of cutting the extractor recess, but on the new BACO actions there isn't a radius on the cutout. It's a straight cut.

And magically it's all flys together and makes a rifle. Weighing in at 6.75lbs with a 22" barrel and three down and one in the chamber it's ready to hunt. Might I say that this thing feeds slicker than snot through a toddler. The barrel is 1-18" twist and can spin a 300gr bullet at 2700+ with a 70gr charge of AA2200 from a 22" barrel. This is the most bad a$$ cartridge I have run in such a light package.

Adam

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's pretty dang cool right there. I've always admired the guys who can build the weapon of their choice on the bench like that.