Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

JoeJoe 2016

joejoe8

Not sure how exciting this will be but hopefully my trip to Iowa will help. Found these 2 in Nc this past weekend. IMG_0093.JPGIMG_0094.JPG

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Where you hunting Joe? Ohio,NC or Iowa?

Congrats on the find! I got two deadhead permits filled out last night by our local GW. Very nice young man I might add! He said according to him, if there is nothing but head and bones left on the ground that I take plenty of pictures from various angles and take the head with me and to call him and he'll make arrangements to get me a permit for it in the future. He will want to see the pictures either at the meeting of them sent to him. Only when I find a freshly killed deer or one that still has the hide,meat,carcass or enough evidence still laying there am I to take plenty of pictures and not move or touch anything and to call him immediately. Now this is how I feel it should be handled as well. He also said that although we has shed hunters feel this stuff is important that it not a priority if more important calls or investigations are ongoing, but he does try to make contact as soon as he can! I hope all GW are like this young man!

Not sure how yours or other GW's are on the matter but hope you get a permit in a timely fashion like I did! Good luck!

joejoe8

Everything so far has been in Nc. Not sure if I'll make Ohio this year, with my long Iowa trip. I always have tags left over in Nc every year so not a big deal. Never been lucky enough to find anything big enough in Ohio to call the warden. Planning on calling the warden in Iowa before we go just in case.

I'll post another angle for ya Giles, looks like a very solid 3yr old.

joejoe8

Off to Iowa/Missouri this afternoon for 4 days of shed hunting an scouting. Hopefully I'll have something to share.