Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

the dreaded rotator cuff surgery.....

Well guys thursday is the big day. At the rightful age of 25 I am having rotator cuff surgery which took the back burner for the back surgery I have already had from an accident. I can't wait to get it done apositve recovered in time for bow season. At least that's my motivation. Not looking for a pity party here just some positive words.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good luck. Whatever you do, do your exercises at therapy and at home. Had mine done a year ago and still have bad days where it gives me pain. I haven't braved the compound yet but maybe this summer. Your younger age will help that's for sure.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If you have any questions now or down the road feel free to ask. I know AJupsman had his done and so did I and if memory is working right I think there might have been a couple other guys as well.

Thanks guys the good news is I have a top notch surgeon. He built Payton mannings shoulder so I feel like should come out a surgery a better athelete. I guess you would actually need to be an athelete before surgery though. Oh well

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck!!! Getter done now while you're young! As you get our age it takes longer to heal! :smiley_blackeye: rotflmao

Good luck!!! Getter done now while you're young! As you get our age it takes longer to heal! :smiley_blackeye: rotflmao

Yes this is true. The Dr said he normally would put full recovery at 9-12 months but with my age and build he is feeling confident that I should be In real good shape in 6 months. Fortunately I don't have to learn how to wipe my butt with the other hand. That's always a good start.