Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blowing bulbs

Huckleberry Finn

Anyone ever have the luck to blow both headlights at the same time?

Haven't cracked them open yet to see if it's that or the wiring or the cold. Just wondering.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes. Generally was a result of hitting water and the cold water busted both at the same time. Same thing with hitting major bumps (off road sized bumps on the highway). This was on old school technology though. Not sure I have done it with any newer style bulbs.

Huckleberry Finn

Both bulbs were blown. Replaced both. Blew the hibeam on one side. So now it's lopsided. So much fun. On the blown side, the headlight runs at running light level but not regular headlights.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Might be time for a multimeter and service manual. Basic tests might steer you better than us guessing. Cheaper than a dealer visit too.

Then again, there are some sharp guys on here who might be able to walk you thru some things without a manual. TOO never fails to amaze me like that.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I could say something based on the name of the thread but I will pass and leave that up to you guys. :smiley_chinrub:

Huckleberry Finn

Feel like an idiot. Both bulbs were bad but the replacements didn't fix the right side. Apparently the Japanese put in a fuse for the right and the left. Popped in the spare and let there be light. Should have investigated second.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's nice too figure stuff out on your own, also nice too have google at your fingertips as well....
Was the fuse located in the fuse box Steve? Or was it remote out by the bulbs?