Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

lookng for private land to hunt whitetail this Year (16)

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
HEy guys ,

THis past year was my first year hunting Ohio , was a ruff one . Hunted the Wold creek area in morgan county a few times . I am looking for some private land to hunt for next year . I enjoy hunting and the challenge that comes with it but the time frame I can make the trips is after a lot of pressure had occurred on public land . If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it !!

Chasin

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I don't think you'll have much luck finding any private property on here. It's hard enough for us guys who live in Ohio to find and keep private land. May I suggest scouting the public a little harder?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't think you'll have much luck finding any private property on here. It's hard enough for us guys who live in Ohio to find and keep private land. May I suggest scouting the public a little harder?

This.
I will also say add that most of the "private " land we all hunt we have to share with other hunters already. I know the property I hunt gets hit just as hard as public land but the pressure is higher because of the limited acreage. We had 11 total people hunting 50 acres of woods. If you ask me that's more hunters per acre then a lot of the public grounds.

Good luck in your quest though. Never hurts to ask and everybody has to start somewhere. Maybe brock will have some openings or try Dave Lusk at SOO or try a different public spot.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll lease you 80 acres of prime SE Ohio land complete with food plots, prehung stands, crops and can post dozens of pics of the genetics. Bucks from 180-140" have called this farm home over the years.

$5K for the year. Max 2 hunters. 140" inch minimum. Must sign Indemnification release.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I'll lease you 80 acres of prime SE Ohio land complete with food plots, prehung stands, crops and can post dozens of pics of the genetics. Bucks from 180-140" have called this farm home over the years.

$5K for the year. Max 2 hunters. 140" inch minimum. Must sign Indemnification release.

Times 2 but 102 acres with a cabin....$8000.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have 7.5 acres I will lease you for $7500. Makes the two above me sound like bargains. Truthfully, maybe they are. I don't really know.

As stated, it is tough to find land for myself. Tough to keep trespassers out. Most land I have is shared. 5 guys on 20acres sort of thing. I wish it were as easy as posting on the internet and asking. It isn't. Good luck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My apologies. Wasn't trying to detract from the other serious posts. Sounds like pretty straight offers. My property isn't worth leasing. I wouldn't do that to a guy. The other properties may well be your best options.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
honestly man, you live in W PA. Lots of great hunting there and good bucks. You won't get private land in Ohio via the internet unless you are paying for it. Also if you are limited on time, just hunt PA odds of killing a big deer will be better.

Crossing the boarder into OH doesn't = 150 around every tree.

not being a dick just being honest, I wish you best of luck in your search.

Bigcountry40

If you haven't read yet the stark county monster was actually killed on my family farm in western in Ohio, you can lease my acreage oh $200 an acre.

Bigcountry40

I was joking about my property, it ain't worth leasing either.

BigSlam if I were you I post your land on craigslist in North Carolina and then post the stark county monster pics and you might be able to $1500 in all seriousness. I seen leases in Charlotte Area for 10 acres for 2k.

HEy guys ,

THis past year was my first year hunting Ohio , was a ruff one . Hunted the Wold creek area in morgan county a few times . I am looking for some private land to hunt for next year . I enjoy hunting and the challenge that comes with it but the time frame I can make the trips is after a lot of pressure had occurred on public land . If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it !!

Chasin

Sell you a weekend hunt on my works property 2100 acres on Stark/Summit border. $600and you have to claim to be my "brother" to get a permit. I have a few bucks I can share pictures of you with that will make you think twice before saying no.

Reality though is I have lived here for 2 years now and have had no success finding property unless I am willing to pay money. I have ventured to Woodbury and Salt Fork and have been told the AEP ground is supposedly fairly decent as well so that is where I would point you as I felt pretty confident in those locations. I will be hunting Woodbury for spring turkey this year so I can update you as I learn more about it.