Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Fin Feather Fur

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sale on Savage Axis rifles with mail in rebate....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454856341.238003.jpg

Check it out if you're in the market... Seems like a hell of a deal....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How much would it cost to install a accutrigger?

When is this good till?

Not sure about when it expires Steve, I have the flyer too my buddy too look at.... He's itching too go up and wanted me too go as well... I passed lol

For that price it'll be a good truck gun in my opinion....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a Savage with the accutrigger and one without. I'd be hard pressed to buy another one without it.

Huckleberry Finn

At $150 I am thinking I may try to pick one up in .223. Certainly wouldnt feel about about shootimg cheap ammo in it. If they don't have that, .243 or .22-250? Thinking truck gun for ghogs and yotes. Not really something I do much of to begin with but would fill the small caliber want.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm partial too the .243 in 58 grain vmax bullets.... I've got the ruger model 77 and a 2" group @200 yards I'm very happy with....

Huckleberry Finn

I'm partial too the .243 in 58 grain vmax bullets.... I've got the ruger model 77 and a 2" group @200 yards I'm very happy with....

Is that above Bushnell worth $50? Thinking I will go in .223, then .243 (maybe with scope), then .22-250.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cheap. Super cheap. I have 17hmr with Accutrigger. I have Savage Edge (Axis predecessor before Ford MoCo put the nix on the common name) without Accutrigger. It is in 22-250. Very nice gun. It was ringing the gong at 200yds even with factory trigger. You could always have trigger work done if you didn't like the standard trigger. For the price. . . Seems like there is room for some custom work and a higher end scope. I won't bash the one that comes with it as I am not familiar with it. I doubt it is a high dollar scope though.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Is that above Bushnell worth $50? Thinking I will go in .223, then .243 (maybe with scope), then .22-250.

I was never a fan of scoped guns like that.... Get the bare gun and add your own scope.... Do your homework and pick out a good scope and a solid base and set of rings....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was never a fan of scoped guns like that.... Get the bare gun and add your own scope.... Do your homework and pick out a good scope and a solid base and set of rings....
This^^^. I've been seeing vortex diamondbacks and Nikon prostaffs going for pretty cheap lately.

teej89

NE PA
Sale on Savage Axis rifles with mail in rebate....

View attachment 41537

Check it out if you're in the market... Seems like a hell of a deal....

hmmmm I was in the market for a 30-06 for elk... how big of a deal is it to have the accu trigger over the standard? and from what I've been reading online you can't just replace the standard with the accu can ya?