Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best Concert............

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
So what is the best concert you guys ever have gone TOO? Seen so many concerts, KISS, Bob Segar, Journey, and the list goes on but my favorite is Bowling for Soup............

[video=youtube;K38xNqZvBJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI[/video]

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Probably both times I went to jambo in '05 and '06. Got to see Chris Ledoux play one of his last shows, Travis Tritt, Hank Jr., Skynard, and several others.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I saw eric church Cadillac three and aaron lewis last year. All 3 were amazing, especially when aaron lewis did his rock songs. That dude can sing!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Back in the day in my concert era lol

The best was Rush and Triumph... For 3 man bands they could put out some sound...

They used too have a World Series of rock tour that was one big party which the one I went had 38 special, REO Speedwagon, Loverboy and about three other bands I can't remember... All day affair from noon to midnight.... Was in st Luis for that one....

ZZ Too was a let down as they had sound issues and played for a little over 30 minutes and walked off stage never too return.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Garth Brooks live is amazing. Dude is impressive even in his 50's.

I've seen Old Crow Medicine Show twice. The second time Sturgill Simpson opened for them. That was an awesome concert.

I have seen a lot of country acts. Alan Jackson multiple times, John Michael Montgomery multiple times. Aaron Tippen puts on a great show. He is a true performer. Lots of great performers out there. George Straight, Toby Keith, Tim and Faith were at George's concert. Garth/OCMC/ and Sturgill were the best.

angelzd28

Kenny Chesney for free on the beach, in Florida a few years back. He sang for like 4 hours straight and by the end of the show couldn't even sing he was slurring his words so bad, hahah. His backup singers finally took over, but it was awesome.

Jamie

Ohio
Metallica under the stars at Buckeye Lake Music Center, 1992, I think. not sure how I survived it. helluva show. :beavis: I saw Metallica a few times at other places, but nothing comes close to that show.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Best rock concert? Hard to beat the first time I saw Guns N' Roses in 1988. I was in the 8th grade and was blown away. They opened for Aerosmith on their Permanent Vacation tour. Sweet Child had just come out after Welcome to the Jungle already had kicked the doors in. Just an amazing show. Didn't even really care about Aerosmith after seeing Guns.

Then in 92 saw GNR and Metallica at Three Rivers Stadium in the 4th row. Friggin amazing!!!!

In total, I've seen Guns (or some form of them) 4 times and Metallica 6.

Best country concert? Hard to beat Eric Church live. I've seen him open and headline. He's fantastic live.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Haven't seen guns n roses or Metallica. Those were two of my favorite bands through the 90s.

Went to three different ozzfest shows and saw a bunch of big names. Black sabbath with all the original members was the best of all those.

Tom Petty was great, Aerosmith with collective soul was a good one, Allman brothers was probably the best one I've seen.