Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another late season survivor...

Mao

Coshocton, OH
image.jpgimage.jpg

Well.... My dad is hunting the area where I originally put corn out to shoot a doe and get a co-workers son a shot at a deer. My co-workers son Josh, brought over corn for me to put out elsewhere since my dad is hunting the giant 10 now. I decided to put it out at a property where I "kinda" have permission. It is a strip mine area where the neighbor said I can hunt, but with the understanding that if I were caught by his wife, he never gave me permission lol. I took Josh tonight and we hunted a high wall over looking a bottom leading to his corn. It is kind of a cool spot. You feel like you are 20' up as long as nothing comes in behind you. We saw a couple does but he decided to hold off to try and wait for some horns. We left after dark and ran the driveway with no lights on the 4 wheeler. As we started down the drive, we see head lights coming our direction. I whipped the 4 wheeler back around and we screamed back for the tree line. I killed it and coasted down the bottom just before the high beams hit us. We sat there quiet until they passed us and continued up there hill and had a good laugh. I felt like I was a teenager again haha. After we got back to my dads shed I checked the memory card hoping for anything bigger than a spike for Josh to shoot. Low and behold this 15 point shows up. I couldn't believe it. This season I have got zero mature bucks on cam up until the end of the season and have now found two different warlocks. . There was also a nice young eight point that Josh would be extatic to kill coming in as well. I hope he can get a shot at one of the two. It was a fun night.