Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2016 Summer Gathering - Mingo Sportsman Club - July 22-24

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Mark the calendar ladies! Our annual summer weekend celebrating guns, bows, quads, great food and fantastic brotherhood is on the books! :pickle:

Coordinates to Camp Site: 40.320154, -80.739915

Coordinates to Closest/Last Spot for Beer/Ice/Gas: 40.373221, -80.731727

And as always, with a special dedication to our very own Crash Davis - AKA Ric:
Each party - i.e. all attendees and TheOhioOutdoors.com, comprised of Joe Wilson, Jesse Roush, the members, representatives, and affiliates of TheOhioOutdoors.com - shall be responsible for its own liability arising from its attendance and involvement in this function. WE ARE NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries, or deaths. You are attending this event by your own free will and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOhioOutdoors.com for any claim, demand, cost, liability, loss, or damage suffered as a result of attending this function.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If anyone is attending this event that is qualified to teach some tactical maneuvers with rifle and pistol, I'd like to set something up on the range to get a little education to this effect.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking forward to it! Hopefully Beener will once again grace us with the presence of his smoker and his world class pork belly!

Bigcountry40

Can't wait, leavin the wieners at home this time, Beener don't about them getting into the delicious BBQ.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I may be quadless by then, so any riding may be without my guide service. Lol

Also, in regard to the rifle range, if we run into the youths using the club range again (it is youth weekend again), the state range is not much further from the campsite. 5 minute drive tops. It's bigger as well.

With that said, the youth are only there for a short period to use the range, so we will be able to coordinate again.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I may be quadless by then, so any riding may be without my guide service. Lol

Also, in regard to the rifle range, if we run into the youths using the club range again (it is youth weekend again), the state range is not much further from the campsite. 5 minute drive tops. It's bigger as well.

With that said, the youth are only there for a short period to use the range, so we will be able to coordinate again.

Keep the kids and Ric off of it and you'll be fine! Did you fix the current one, or will it not be fixed in time for this year? The ATV part was right up there with what made this a great weekend, you cannot be quadless....

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Keep the kids and Ric off of it and you'll be fine! Did you fix the current one, or will it not be fixed in time for this year? The ATV part was right up there with what made this a great weekend, you cannot be quadless....

It is fixed.

I was actually going to sell it for lack of use. I NEVER get to ride it with the kids involved in so much stuff. I can always ride my dad's. That wouldn't be an issue. I'm holding out hope I'll still have mine, but selling it was part of the deal when we got Kody his jeep. It is hard to justify keeping it when I only ride it once a year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
:smiley_clap:rotflmao:smiley_crocodile::smiley_coolpeace:

Bring it on motha hunchers!!!! Ole gimpy might not be bringing his grizz this year but imagine all the fun we'll have since nobody will have to babysit the crash dummy this year!!!! I kinda felt like I was reliving the movie, Weekend at Bernie's but I wasn't dead! Just nearly made it halfway there!!! Lol

Just bow shootin,beer drinkin and food eatin is on my agenda this time around! I'll also be sittin around Beeners smoker drinkin some American Honey and taste testing anything coming off the smoker TOO!

Can't wait till this event gets here!

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
:smiley_clap:rotflmao:smiley_crocodile::smiley_coolpeace:

Bring it one motha hunchers!!!! Ole gimpy might not be bringing his grizz this year but imagine all the fun we'll have since nobody will have to babysit the crash dummy this year!!!! I kinda felt like I was reliving the movie, Weekend at Bernie's but I wasn't dead! Just nearly made it halfway there!!! Lol

Just bow shootin,beer drinkin and food eatin is on my agenda this time around! I'll also be sittin around Beeners smoker drinkin some American Honey and taste testing anything coming off the smoker TOO!

Can't wait till this event gets here!
You should probably ask your wife first before you say you will be attending.