Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Solarforce L2

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I spent a lot of money on flashlights. Some good. Some okay. Some good with short battery life. Some with bulbs which didn't last. Then I got a Solarforce L2. I bought it with the charger, 18650 rechargeable battery, and a weaver style mount for rifle. I have carried it on a weapon or in my vehicle for several years. Battery holds pretty good charge. Light has good throw. I would say easy 100yds to light up a great area. Can see eyes several hundred yards out. Housing is real stout. I would recommend them for a fair priced, high output light, with good durability.

Next review? I don't know. I am kind of a flashlight junkie. I haven't bought any for several years outside of a cheap headlamp or something to throw in a glove box. I am shopping for something with a longer throw, with decent sized spot light area for coyote hunting. The L2 was in the $40-60 range. I am probably going to have to jump to the $100-150 range to get something brighter/longer throw. I will let you know if I buy one. The one I was looking at is supposed to have a 700M light throw.

Copied from Solarforce web page. Newer versions than mine exist. My L2 just has on/off on the tail end. Fine by me.

L2

L2 is the key model of the Solarforce L2-Series. Its delicate, versatile and cost-effective features are well-known among both professional users and flashlight-lovers. The L2 body is mainly constructed of precisely CNC-ed aluminum alloy and consists of head, battery tube and tail-cap switch as the major parts. Users may install various high-efficiency drop-in modules and other Solarforce accessories to the L2 depending on their needs.

Specifications and Features :

Consists of head assembly, battery tube and tail-cap switch (bulb modules are not included), which are replaceable and compatible with the Solarforce accessories designed for the L2-Series
Body constructed mainly of T6063 T6 aluminum alloy
Defensive bezel design
Compatible with various Solarforce LED and xenon bulb modules
Colours: matt black
Uses two CR123A or 16340, or one 18650 battery by default
Tail-cap standard (forward) click switch (momentary on with a slight press, constant on after a click), able to withstand 3A current
Water-proof design
Size (length x head diameter x battery tube diameter): 140 x 32 x 25.4mm
Weight: 93g (excluding drop-in modules and batteries)