Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I Love Rocky Ridge Trucks

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
So my 2012 Chevy Silverado 4 x 4 Rocky Ridge truck had a exhaust problem, noticed it when I was out at the garage and saw exhaust coming out from the middle of the truck. Sooooo I go to one place, $600.00 Go to Monroe Muffler.........whores..............$1,100.00. Go to another place and they can't do it due to the bends but sends me to another guy. $300.00. So now I call the dealership that I bought the truck from, they give me RR's number and I call them. A couple pictures of the exhaust, the vin number and guess what, they are sending me all the materials and all I pay is labor. TOO me it was a hell of a deal because RR's warranty expires on 32,000 miles, I have 52,000. They stood up and helped a guy out. Just saying guys.

Buckmaster

Portage
I guess they take care of their customers.... given that's probably a premium priced product line thus a high margin truck so they can take care of the little things.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Also found out when I order my Mickey Thomas tires this spring it is like 50% lower price then all of the dealers I have gotten prices on. Say what you will but they stand behind their product and customers.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's good news man. I didn't realize those RR trucks ran their warranty thru RR instead of Chevy. Interesting. So what was the problem?... Just an exhaust leak?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Glad too see you get something for your money Jeff... Good too hear... Don't know much about their line but will let folks know who are thinking about that upgrade...

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
That's good news man. I didn't realize those RR trucks ran their warranty thru RR instead of Chevy. Interesting. So what was the problem?... Just an exhaust leak?

Hey Jager, yup its a exhaust leak that has major hole. Thing is if I would have bought it and had the work done afterwards it might not have worked out this way but since it was delivered from RR to the dealership they are standing behind their product, even though it is out of warranty I think they know it is not right. I had another really small issue with them some time ago where the tires were rotated and the dealership lost the locking hub nut. RR sent me a new on over night. I will say for the money I spent they do stand behind the product. Here is a picture of the exhaust

IMG_20160129_114721152.jpg

IMG_20160129_114732986.jpg

IMG_20160129_114749565.jpg

IMG_20160129_114800072_HDR.jpg / pipe.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn that is some serious corrosion for a 2012 truck! I wonder if that muffler and pipe is holding water.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Jeff, is there any RR forums out there? If so research and see if Rees been any issues with the exhausts on these vehicles.... If it's a problem it'll be known....

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Good to hear RD. So far I haven't had any issues other than the speedometer calibration and they sent me the computer programmer for it.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Are these dual pipe setups? Was just thinking back to Chad's post about what is modified, and since it sitting on a suspension lift, then it should be factory exhaust setup unless it's part of the package.

Really weird that rusted out so quickly.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Update, all is good. RR is standing behind the product and wont cost me a cent. They said if it was a Tundra it would be different. mischeif.gif

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Update, all is good. RR is standing behind the product and wont cost me a cent. They said if it was a Tundra it would be different. mischeif.gif

Hell ya, now that's impressive! Almost a 4yr. old vehicle with 50K+ miles and they are doing exhaust repairs at no cost to the current owner. Does it fall within the emissions warranty?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Have them send you three more sets so you can replace them at 100k, 150k and 200k. It's great that they're standing behind it but my number 1 concern would be why it rusted out so quick in the first place. And until I got an answer to that I would be highly suspicious of even the new parts.