Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Browning A5 Sweet 16 comeback

Wmiller07

I've always wanted an original sweet sixteen. I wonder how popular this gun will be around here as to me this gauge is mostly used for pheasant.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would love to have one but I don't think I'd buy one. It's a gun I'd have to win at a raffle to have I think. Sure is a sweet gun though.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Always wanted a 1963 (my birth year) sweet sixteen!!! That would make a sweet dove gun. My first gun I got when my grandfather passed was a Winchester model 37 single shot in 16ga. Should get it out one of these days.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I shot a buddies sweet 16 and was a fan from the start... I'm a big fan of the 16 ga but it's not a popular gauge here in the states...

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A friend bought a nice Belgian Sweet 16 a few years ago pretty reasonable. He just got it and was showing it to me. I was looking it over and noticed the safety was changed to LH. He didn't know it. I graciously offered to relieve him of the problem of changing it for the price he paid, but no. Someday...

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Dad has a good collection of browning and so do I this one is missing looks like I'll have to break down and buy this and the maxus this year. As my wife says I better get a second job for everything I want lol.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
If they don't replicate the jump back I don't see the point... That's a shame and those two obtrusive screws on the side are hideous ... A5's are a beautiful gun but not sure these would even be worth it.

Wmiller07

Dad has a good collection of browning and so do I this one is missing looks like I'll have to break down and buy this and the maxus this year. As my wife says I better get a second job for everything I want lol.

Your wife and mine must be related. My father in law has a nice light 20 that I would love to take pheasant hunting.

The new a5 shoulders and feels like franchi 48 al and cycles like a Benelli they do not feel like a Belgian auto 5. The gas operated autos in the same price range are so good I would take a maxis, a400, or sx3 over any a5.

Last edited:

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah for what they want for it I would look for a old one. The big screws look like crap as mentioned and the aluminum received can go also.

I guess I dont see the big screws in the new a5. I only see the two pins that hole the trigger and lifter assembly in thw receiver. There are to torx head screws that hold in the ejector on the left side of the gun. The old auto 5 had large retention screws over the action screws.