Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where you going this year?

teej89

NE PA
Anyone have any hunts planned? My dad and I are off to CO to do a DIY rifle elk hunt this fall in the second season. I'm also buying pref/bonus points for WY, MT, UT, and AZ. HOWEVER if all goes well I may be hunting MT this year also since I recently have gotten a video interview for friday with a company in Missoula.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
FIL and I put in for our Az elk tags earlier this month. I put in with his group that's been applying for about 6-7 years now. Since you have to buy a license to apply If it doesn't work out we may still go and buy an OTC mule deer tag.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Still looking at Africa plains hunt but the son's business is expanding so fast it maybe off for another year yet. At least the 2 grandsons are 18 and 20 now and they will be going to.

teej89

NE PA
FIL and I put in for our Az elk tags earlier this month. I put in with his group that's been applying for about 6-7 years now. Since you have to buy a license to apply If it doesn't work out we may still go and buy an OTC mule deer tag.

this could be your year, AZ just upped their NR tags by 5%.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ill be doing my usual in Tennessee turkey hunting, if the baby doesnt come early. and we are looking at doing a bear hunt or getting a spot in kentucky. if i have enough money saved id like to do a week in colorado chasing elk.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This will be my fifth year going out to North Dakota. I may even mix in another out of state pheasant hunt.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Hoping to hunt Idaho for elk and deer this year. I may come to Ohio to do some spring turkey hunting and I'm hoping to come back for a few days in November for deer too. I'm definitly going to MD for deer next year. If push comes to shove I'll go there before coming home to Ohio. I've got a GOOD hook up.... We'll see how it goes.

Just 1 More

Kansas, Florida (fishing and Osceolas), maybe Georgia for turkey, maybe WV for deer, Definitly Ohio for everything.. lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Got invited to WV and Kentucky, I definitely going to West Virginia so slay a few does with my 30-06.

If it's buck only season the law requires at least one antler 3 inches or better to be present at time of checkin.

If you shoot a spike at 10 yards in the nugget with a 30-06 it rapidly removes said spikes. Just sayin. Good times good times.