Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Face paint

Blan37

SW Ohio
What do you guys use / recommend? I've been using carbomask. It goes on good, but I can't seem to stop scratching my face - it makes me itch and by the time I'm done hunting it's pretty jacked up. It's kinda pricey as well. I do like how easy it washes off, though.

runhunter

I use the HS Specialities Cream that comes in the small tubes. I don't like to have anything between my face and the string, so masks are out. Just a little goes a long way. Yes I put cream on my face. Giggity giggity

runhunter

Carbomask here. I love it.

That tells you how long the HS Specialities shit lasts. I've never heard of Carbomask, because I haven't needed to buy any in probably 3-4 years. Not sure how long it's been out, but I'll be trying some this year now that the stash is low

Don't waste your money on the Dead Downwind 4 color face paint. 3 of the colors are in one end and black in the other. The 3 color end is unsupported and the paint sticks are brittle and break off easy. I've got a gob of colors crammed back in there and it's a pain to use now. Bought it mostly for my son as I thought he would think it was cool to put it on. Back in the day I only used the military face paint. Heated it with a match and smear away. Was a bitch taking it off though, had to scrub with soap and water and you never seemed to get it all off. Any of the creams are worthless for me since I often sweat a little during most of the season. For the most part I just use a face mask that I slip down below my chin as I prepare for a shot.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Don't waste your money on the Dead Downwind 4 color face paint. 3 of the colors are in one end and black in the other. The 3 color end is unsupported and the paint sticks are brittle and break off easy. I've got a gob of colors crammed back in there and it's a pain to use now. Bought it mostly for my son as I thought he would think it was cool to put it on. Back in the day I only used the military face paint. Heated it with a match and smear away. Was a bitch taking it off though, had to scrub with soap and water and you never seemed to get it all off. Any of the creams are worthless for me since I often sweat a little during most of the season. For the most part I just use a face mask that I slip down below my chin as I prepare for a shot.

Really? I love the DDW 3 stripe deal. Wipes off really easy. Thats what I like about it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I personally haven't used camo makeup or creams for nearly 20 years. I just use a camo face mask and it's been working great.