Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sub 2 weeks- Who is your money on?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We have had some heated conversation lately. Season is nearing an end. Time is of an essence. It is hunter versus deer versus the clock. Who is your money on? Which TOOzer will still fill a tag before season end?

I know enough about JohnR to know he is quiet on the forums, but he is hunting hard when he can. That would be my "sleeper" vote. Plus he is on my team this year. haha

Xbowguy- We know he is hitting it hard still.

Brock and Mason? Always crowd favorites. How can we not root for them to punch a late season tag?

Taylor? He is about as stubborn and tenacious as anyone. I'd love to see him connect after persevering thru the season. That kid knows how to stick it out until the end.

I know there are others. Which ones are going to fill a tag before the end of season?

I post this NOT to pick between TOOzers. I post this because I want to see every one of these guys tag out. Hunting late season, cold temps, skittish deer? Ain't easy. I am posting this more as a last minute battle cry/pep rally for our fellow TOO members. I hate to pick any single person over the next, but I am all about rooting them on! Good luck gentlemen!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Rick will get it done tonight. Haven't talked to JohnR in about a week, but I know he's hitting it hard. It's only a matter of time until someone connects.

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Phil I don't even get nominated? Wtf! What am I, a black guy at the oscars?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Phil I don't even get nominated? Wtf! What am I, a black guy at the oscars?

rotflmao My money is you now! Revenge....Sweet Revenge!
White Hunters Matter Phil :smiley_coolpeace:
I ain't gonna lie: Horns and no milk around it's mouth....it's not safe.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I forgot a ton. Albert, the Cottis boys, Joel. . . .I am rooting for all of you!

Can't forget the J Giles band either. That silly coyote hole chasing good has my support. Lol

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Still plugging away at it. Just can't find one of the few that interest me. Last week was a wash with both kids being sick.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think most everyone that is still going will have an opportunity, if the weather cooperates. Mason will likely have a shot tomorrow evening at one of three corn piles. We will do a cam check tomorrow morning to see where he wants to go. We do not have any giants coming, but there are some nice bucks that most 12 year olds would be happy with. Then again, he may decide to keep his tag a little longer, and there is the possibility the ones I know about won't show up. I sorta bet he will wait until the last minutes of his last night to shoot something as he did last year. It's hard to give up on those big dreams.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I think most everyone that is still going will have an opportunity, if the weather cooperates. Mason will likely have a shot tomorrow evening at one of three corn piles. We will do a cam check tomorrow morning to see where he wants to go. We do not have any giants coming, but there are some nice bucks that most 12 year olds would be happy with. Then again, he may decide to keep his tag a little longer, and there is the possibility the ones I know about won't show up. I sorta bet he will wait until the last minutes of his last night to shoot something as he did last year. It's hard to give up on those big dreams.

A young boy with patience like that is ultra impressive. I'm ready to shoot a spike! Haha good luck to you and the boy!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I forgot a ton. Albert, the Cottis boys, Joel. . . .I am rooting for all of you!

Can't forget the J Giles band either. That silly coyote hole chasing good has my support. Lol

I've had a great season if I don't even see another deer. Would be nice to have one more for the freezer though!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I agree!!! But if that nice 10 shows up will one of you kill him already!!! LOL

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes, my hat goes off to Mason. At his age this is impressive. I believe having a great mentor has a bit to do with it. He will kill when he is ready. He deserves that deer!