Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Any of you TOO'S in medina county?

cerial_vapist

A city dwelling friend of mine is having a racoon =●●= problem. I was wondering if anyone would let me borrow or rent a live trap or two. I'd rather try and catch and release them before resorting to more violent methods. Thanks TOO!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If you trap them they can NOT be removed from the property alive. You have to release them back on the property they are on our kill them on the property they are on.

cerial_vapist

Wow really? Is that in the reg book? That basically hamstrings me into breaking the law. From what he's told me he's not even allowed to fire his bow in medina city limits.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wow really? Is that in the reg book? That basically hamstrings me into breaking the law. From what he's told me he's not even allowed to fire his bow in medina city limits.

Yep. State law. They can not be released alive except on the same property they came from. Catch them in a live trap and dump trap and all in a barrel or trash can full of water.

cerial_vapist

Yep. State law. They can not be released alive except on the same property they came from. Catch them in a live trap and dump trap and all in a barrel or trash can full of water.
That's so cruel. The state is trying to force me to torture an innocent animal just so they can "help the economy " by having to call a trapper. I realize they are disease spreading vermin, but nothing deserves to die that way. The ODNR is fucked

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Don't torture it, kill it. Or leave them there and let them have happy little raccoon lives.

Think about it this way. The raccoons are being a nuisance. Why would you move the problem somewhere else? Then it's just someone else's problem. Then there's the concerns of spreading disease so to me the law makes sense. Kill them or live with them.

Usually they just get into trash. Get better lids.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That's so cruel. The state is trying to force me to torture an innocent animal just so they can "help the economy " by having to call a trapper. I realize they are disease spreading vermin, but nothing deserves to die that way. The ODNR is fucked
It ain't the DNR forcing you, its the city. Beat it in the head with a bat or golf club if you don't want to drown it. It only takes a couple hard hits to the head.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Who's gonna hear a bow??

I shoot my bow in the city where it's illegal all the time..... I could give a crap if they says it illegal. I'll do it until I'm stopped. I'm responsible and don't make a scene.

Just use your bow!

I've also shot a .22 short from inside the house while controlling coons.

Raccoon are territorial. so if you release the problem animal into another raccoons territory they get into fights. If one of the raccoons is carrying rabies distemper or another disease it will spread. That is why the orc states that skunks raccoons coyotes amd I think opossum can not be relocated.

Its the city that put in place the no shooting ordinance not the state. Go buy a 39 dollar pellet rifle from Wal-Mart and shoot them inyour garage.

Last edited:

cerial_vapist

I shoot my bow in the city where it's illegal all the time..... I could give a crap if they says it illegal. I'll do it until I'm stopped. I'm responsible and don't make a scene.

Just use your bow!

I've also shot a .22 short from inside the house while controlling coons.
If I'm going to do anything illegal it will be to transport them to my house in the country and dispatch them with force.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Go to Rural King and buy a Z-trap dogproof trap. They're only like 12 bucks. You'll have that sucker in the first night I bet.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

It's even more cruel to release them in a strange area -plus illegal. It's a proven fact that most released wild animals will starve to death slowly as they don't know where the ready food it. Check it out.

Last edited:

cerial_vapist

It's even more cruel to release them in a strange area -plus illegal. It's a proven fact that most released wild animals will starve to death slowly as they don't know where the ready food it. Check it out.
Ok I get it. Don't release racoons. Makes sense. I have no issue with killing them, but someone claimed drowning it In a trash can is not torture. I disagree. I am just looking for a way to kill them that a)does not get me into trouble with the law and b) is humane.