Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's right. Who's wrong.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Well this is wong..

But besides him. I posted this in another thread a little bit ago but thought I would go ahead and put it in it's own thread. The answer to the title is, nobody. As long as it's legal, to each his own. It may not seem that way at times because we have some pretty heated discussions. That doesn't mean one person is right and one person is wrong. It just means we have varying degrees of opinions. Nothing wrong with that, and everyone should feel free to share their opinion. But we should also realize that we shouldn't take it personal when someone disagrees with you. Personally I love to debate. It's never personal. At the end of the day, if you're paying attention, there's always good information from posters to think about and take away. In the end that's what discussions are for, that's what forums are for. There will always be differences of opinions and some people with stronger differences than others. Some like the debate, and others for some reason get butthurt and take it personal. Some won't learn a thing, some will refuse to learn, but others might find something to think about or have an ahhha moment. Really that's what it's all about, if we all sat around holding hands and singing kumbaya then it would be a really really boring place and nobody would every think outside their zone so they can change, adapt, or learn.

Think about that for a moment, Lets say someone posts a thread saying they like chocolate ice cream, how boring would it be if the next 50 posters agreed with him and posted why chocolate was the best flavor? You're only going to read about three pages of that hand holding junk, you;re not learning anything. Not saying the chocolate guys are wrong, that's obviously the majority opinion, but I want to read the post from people who say they tried chunky monkey and it's their favorite flavor. Gives me something to think about. Now the chunky monkey guys are inevitably going to get some responses and debate from the chocolate crowd, but they shouldn't take that personally, that's just the nature of discussions, opinions, and differences. So often on forums you have those that accuse the members of "Group think" that's where everyone agrees and always debates their position. Lets call them the chocolate crowd. Well someone in the chunky monkey crowd takes it personal and gets all butthurt because he doesn't feel like people are agreeing with him. So he accuses everyone of group think. Mr Chunky monkey thinks he's right and nobody can tell him otherwise, the chocolate crowd is just a bunch of group think buttholes. As a forum you're dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't. If a lot of people agree, chunkey monkey accuses them of group think, if a lot disagree, chunky monkey accuses everyone of just bickering and fighting. The only time you never see Mr Chunky monkey cry is when everyone agrees with HIM. So where's the problem. Is it the forum? The debate? Or is it mr chunky monkey who always takes things way too personal and gets butthurt because people don't agree with everything he says. At the end of the day neither opinion is wrong. Both are great flavors of ice cream. Both can be readily purchased. The only time things get really sideways is when chunky monkey posts something like "I think chunky monkey is the best flavor and chocolate should be banned because it's unethical, and anyone who eats chocolate is contributing to the clubbing of baby seals, deforestation of rain forests, and probably kicks puppies." Say whhhaaaaattttt. In that case mr chunky monkey should fully expect a pretty heated response from people who like chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Hell, even that one weirdo that likes coffee flavored ice cream will probably come off the top rope with a leg drop response.

As hunting season comes to a close and we're hibernating with nothing to hunt until April, we're going to have a lot of discussions. Happens every year. Some of them will be real doozeys. Just remember, if you start to get butthurt, realize it's nothing personal. If we were all around a fire we'd have a good time. Just don't go all chunky monkey, get butthurt, and feel like the worlds against you. We're all here to learn, while you might not agree with everyone and everyone might not agree with you that's life, that's the internet. And if you already know everything, and think you can't possibly learn a thing from anyone else, then by all means share it. But don't cry when someone disagrees with your know it all butt. And if you show up just to start trouble and constantly be a butthole, then don't be surprised if you're sitting there singing Adelle's "Hello from the other side". It takes years and years for that to happen however, to date I can think of two such buttholes in 5 years where trouble seemed to follow them everywhere they went. We had many man y many discussions about it also.

Anyway. 'll stop rambling now.

Here's a pic of someone getting slammed with a Christmas tree..

giblet

good points....I'll just say this is a damn good forum, with my kind of people and I'm glad I found it. The only hunting partner I ever really had was my father and he passed away about 3 years ago and I've moved around so much over the years I don't really have a home hunting crew anymore so this is filling in the gap for me. I enjoy seeing all the success photos and hearing the different perspectives. And Joe .... you post some funny shit!

Blan37

SW Ohio
Mmmmm.. Chunky monkeeeyyyyy...

Ditto on the 'glad I found' the forum. I've learned a lot here already. My bee smoker is scheduled to arrive on Monday :smiley_coolpeace:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I fuckin hate ice cream

Hey! That's a personal attack because you disagreed with me. I think the real problem is you're jealous of my super advanced tastebuds. I have 12 Ben and jerry pints to prove I know what I'm talking about too. Don't sit there all sour because you can't eat ice cream while I kill pints like they're going out of style. Why just yesterday I was telling my friends Ben and Jerry (yeah I know them) how I finished yet another gallon. People who know about ice cream know I'm right.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey! That's a personal attack because you disagreed with me. I think the real problem is you're jealous of my super advanced tastebuds. I have 12 Ben and jerry pints to prove I know what I'm talking about too. Don't sit there all sour because you can't eat ice cream while I kill pints like they're going out of style. Why just yesterday I was telling my friends Ben and Jerry (yeah I know them) how I finished yet another gallon. People who know about ice cream know I'm right.
Lmao. I wish I really could prolong this mock debate but the truth I do love ice cream. Wait a minute... Ben and Jerry sucks balls man! Tofts is the only REAL dairy connoisseur's ice cream of choice. It's so much creamier and way more flavorful than B&Js. Only an idiot would disagree...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I like all ice cream.
Now with that out of the way can you go back to the original post and put in some paragraphs so it's not impossible to loose your way? At least there was a Capital letter at the beginning of each sentence, I think so anyway. My eyes got crossed reading. Gezz wezz anyway.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I supports fascists.

Ben and Jerry's Half Baked is the best ice cream on earth. Next to classic vanilla bean with Hershey's syrup of course...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Lmao. I wish I really could prolong this mock debate but the truth I do love ice cream. Wait a minute... Ben and Jerry sucks balls man! Tofts is the only REAL dairy connoisseur's ice cream of choice. It's so much creamier and way more flavorful than B&Js. Only an idiot would disagree...

Oh no you didn't! Still singling me out I see. Your problem isn't with ice cream it's with me and my Ben and Jerry skill. Jealous. Tofts is cheating and should be banned. The only reason Kroger still sells it is because it allows unskilled ice cream people to enjoy a frozen treat.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
This site is the best out there. The people here make it that way. My family has been the recipient of a truly gracious gift from you guys that I will never be able to repay. I compare this site to a family. Sometimes families argue and get pissed at each other. But I've always got my family's back in the end. You should always respect anothers opinion as long as it's not derogatory. There is one exception to that: You guys obviously havent had Dietz's ice cream in Findlay, or you wouldnt even compare anything else to it. I love chocolate Ice cream, but they have a Vanilla with Black Walnuts that is fantastic

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I supports fascists.

Ben and Jerry's Half Baked is the best ice cream on earth. Next to classic vanilla bean with Hershey's syrup of course...

Look out Jesse. We both love Ben and Jerry's. We don't want Jaegermeister thinking we're ganging up on him. If anyone else happens to like Ben and Jerry's and agrees with us Jaegermeister is gonna claim group think and everyone hates him because he speaks his mind.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Good post Broseph! This is an awesome forum and I've met some stand up guys here. I will say this TOO. Anyone that hasn't been to a TOO outing? Y'all need to come to one! It's an awesome time and the food and fellowship kicks ass. Lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I supports fascists.

Look out Jesse. We both love Ben and Jerry's. We don't want Jaegermeister thinking we're ganging up on him. If anyone else happens to like Ben and Jerry's and agrees with us Jaegermeister is gonna claim group think and everyone hates him because he speaks his mind.

Oooooohhhhh I see how it is. You group-thinking sonsabitches. I don't know if I can handle this... I mean, if you guys can't agree that Tofts ice cream is superior I just don't know what to say. I'm not a bad guy, honestly! Why is everyone picking on me about this?!?! OK, OK, OK...look... So, I was desperate alright. I was hungry for ice cream...so hungry. And like, Ben& Jerry's is usually my go-to, but I just couldn't make it happen. So then I see this good looking bowl of Tofts, and I just went for it. I couldn't help myself. And now, to be honest, I regret it. I'm better than that. Settling for a sub-par hard dip isn't me... That's not what I'm about. You all can say what you want... "I don't respect the food," "I don't deserve to call myself a ice cream enjoyer..." whatever. At least I have the courage to admit my mistakes.