Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Family's Deer Season

Jason Short

Wayne County
Well with my family's deer hunting being over for the year I thought I'd share some pics of our season. My parents don't hunt but me and my younger brothers do. It was a good year for us as far as meat hunting goes.

My 13 yr old brother was the first to get one this year, in early October, when he hunted a piece of property in Coshocton county with a family friend during a youth hunt put on by the QDMA. He shot a doe, which is his second deer after shooting a button buck last year.

Ike's doe.jpg

I was the next to kill one towards the end of October. It was a small 6 point taken in Wayne county

021.jpg

Then my 16 yr old brother killed a button buck sometime in late November if I remember right.

Matt's BB.jpg

And to finish it off I shot a young buck that had already shed from the same stand I shot my 6 point from. That was last week.

deer jan 2016.jpg

All in all it was a pretty good year for us. This is our second year hunting (besides one hunt each a few years ago) so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, it was a lot of fun anyways

Jason Short

Wayne County
Thanks all, and ya we eat a lot of deer meat, especially when we have snack sticks to put in lunch boxes. And canned chunk venison makes for some good burritos