Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Canada bear hunt video

Dlauth

2010 in Ontario Canada! Went up after my senior year of high school and shot a 272 pound boar with my Mathews switchback at 67 pound draw wth fmj's and rage! We huge our own stands and baited the sets each morning! 4 out of 5 guys killed bear and had a great experience!

[video=youtube_share;cWIOKWChwzQ]http://youtu.be/cWIOKWChwzQ[/video]

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice video.I hunted Saskatchewan in 1990 with my son, brother and son's friend. Everyone got a bear except me but I did load all the 30-06 ammo used. Went to Alaska and took a nice black bear in 1994. That was a fun 3 week trip.

Dlauth

Thanks all! Definitely a cool trip! Scenery is outstanding and the wildlife was amazing! seen a Wolf few bears and heard what had to be a moose walking thru the forest!

Did you have any success when you went?

Yes, I killed a bear that was around 180 if I remember correctly, shot it with my bow as well. Things are hard to judge for size. We did see plenty of bears and several that were bigger the day before. Think everyone in camp killed a bear except for one guy who was only holding out for a huge one. One thing nice was the camp was archery only.