Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Natural pain treatment

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I thought I would start a new post on everyone's ideas on natural pain treatments.
In the past 6 months I've been using burning nettles leaves for pain relieve on my thumb. It's under control but sore and something I can live with.
3 months ago my right shoulder started bothering me. When I drug my doe out of the creek on the 1st day of gun season I really messed it up. At times I can't lift my arm to drink a cup of coffee. I have a left arm for that but the biggest problem is the pain only gets worse when I lay down to sleep.
Doctor says nothing wrong with the roto cup as its bursitus of the muscle endings. Not much to do for it except excerise. That doesn't help.
Tried DMSO and that's a short time relieve and doesn't last through the night.
This week I went back to the burning nettles treatment. I harvested some green leaves and put in the refrig plus I stripped several plants of the leaves after they were totally dried up.
Now I'm taking a dried leave or so and putting in a clothe wrap, wetting it and tape it on. I put it on about one hour before going to bed and can sleep through the night but the soreness is back in early morning. So I'm going to try 2 hours tonight before going to bed.

WARNING- be sure you don't have a side effects from touching burning nettles. I don't as long as I don't leave it on more than 8 hours. I do have a itch if left on too long and one time left it on for couple days just re-wetting it at times but I developed a raise red spot that went away in couple days.

So does anyone have any other idea on natural pain treatment? Pain medications are of no help to me since I take pain medications for my MS muscle pain. I won't take anything stronger as I will not out of control.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Marijuana. Ingest it.

You said natural. Not legal... lmao

In all seriousness, it works wonders. For guys in your shoes, I sure hope you get to realize the benefits (legally) some day.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Organic Sulfur and Mangosteen Juice.
Make sure the Sulfur is 100% and crystallized.
Add about a teaspoon to water and drink.
Take about an oz of mangosteen juice each day.
You can get both from interwebz or whole foods.
If you want to google it is msm organic sulfur. For Mangosteen just make sure you get 100% juice.

Blan37

SW Ohio
If you want to google it is msm organic sulfur. For Mangosteen just make sure you get 100% juice.

I believe you, it's just I have to wonder.... Who the hell sat around one day and thought, "damn... I'm hurting.... I wonder if mangosteen juice and sulfur would help..." :D

Buckmaster

Portage
Our first baseball practice begins tonight.

For the past 2 seasons my elbow gets trashed from throwing baseballs. A case of tennis elbow sort of say. I have no idea how Nolan Ryan did it at his age.
Once I inflame and irritate it, it takes months to go away. The best method to detour it is avoidance....but who's not throwing baseballs at baseball practice.

...so I grin and bear it. Baseball begins tonight and lasts through mid July. My elbow should be feeling better by bow season opener.
I'll be 45 this summer....no spring chicken anymore.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I've taken the MSM for years and it's been great relieve for my arthritis pain and swelling. But I guess with my advanced age things are just catching up with my body.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Our first baseball practice begins tonight.

For the past 2 seasons my elbow gets trashed from throwing baseballs. A case of tennis elbow sort of say. I have no idea how Nolan Ryan did it at his age.
Once I inflame and irritate it, it takes months to go away. The best method to detour it is avoidance....but who's not throwing baseballs at baseball practice.

...so I grin and bear it. Baseball begins tonight and lasts through mid July. My elbow should be feeling better by bow season opener.
I'll be 45 this summer....no spring chicken anymore.

Ben, have you tried physical therapy on it? I've had so severe from of all things fishing lol.... Got too the point I couldn't carry anything in my right hand.... 4 weeks of therapy and good as new....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
While hanging out with one of my hippie landowner buddies the other day, I asked if marijuana was a good pain reliever. He said, " I don't really know. Im 62 and have smoked pot almost everyday since I was 18. Some days I hurt, some days I don't ". Not exactly helpful Frank, but you might as well have a toke and find out for yourself.