Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gravity feeders for deer

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
http://www.ourcrazydeals.com/Deer_Pig_Out_Gravity_Feeder.html

I ordered in 3 of these Pig Out gravity feeder and they arrived today. I also got the T-post attachment straps for mounting on T-post. The back of the barrel is concave with a slot for the T-post to fit into. They hold slightly over 40 lbs. There are 10 drain holes in the bottom.
Price with free shipping was $53 and change.
Weather permitting with the snow I'll put couple of them up on the existing T-post that was the original fence line. These will be in view of my time lapse camera and 2 will be in front of my regular cameras.
I'll see how they work out.
Ric do you think coons can and will climb a T-post then be able to reach 10-12" to reach the corn opening front area?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
You might be alright with the small diameter of the Tpost. Combined with the longer reach and smooth bottom and sides. I'm anxious to see how it works for you. Looks like a good design. I hope it does work.

Last edited:

jlane

dunn nc
in the pan THUMB_100EK113-EK000129.JPG fox squirrels

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've had the new T-post gravity corn feeder out for 8 days now. Deer fed out of it the 1st night. Took 3 days before the coons found it and climbed the T-post and fed every night right after midnight.
I'm going to put cut a hole in the bottom of a 5 gl. buckets and hang it below the feeder and hoping that will prevent a coon from climbing up the T-post past the bucket to the feeder.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've had the new T-post gravity corn feeder out for 8 days now. Deer fed out of it the 1st night. Took 3 days before the coons found it and climbed the T-post and fed every night right after midnight.
I'm going to put cut a hole in the bottom of a 5 gl. buckets and hang it below the feeder and hoping that will prevent a coon from climbing up the T-post past the bucket to the feeder.

Cut the bucket off just below any ribs at the top. They will use them like ladder rungs. I recently had one climb the guy-wire on my feeder pole. Took them off and it's better now. Them darn things will not stop until they get to the food! Glad they don't have pogo sticks yet!