Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My trophys

Dlauth

Here is my first and 2nd buck on the wall! Little stories how the hunts went down! My first buck came in 2010! After passing on small bucks for several years, we finally got a few good deer on camera! Dad and I hung a new set and when season rolled around I finally got to climb in the tree! With my Mathews in hand I had an encounter with this deer 3 nights in a row unable to get a shot! The next night I was available to hunt I brought out a decoy and set her up hoping to lure in the buck! At last light I looked to my left and see my buck heading right for me within 20 yards! He circled the decoy to get down wind and that was his last mistake! Unfortunately the shot was back and it was a sleepless night for this guy! Needless to say he wasn't far from the stand the next morning! Few years passed and so did a few smaller bucks! This year on the second night of bow season, I had the opportunity to harvest my second buck which was also my biggest! We had trail camera pictures all summer of this guy and was a great surprise to see him at that location! It wasn't until that night that we knew that buck was in the section I was hunting! I was in search for an early doe when he and a slightly smaller buck came in! 20 feet up I drew the Mathews z7 and let er rip! My first buck scored in just over 110 with a 18.5 inch inside spread and last years buck came in at 122 and some change! Very greatfull for the memories made and opportunities I was givin!
image.jpegimage.jpg

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice read! Congrats again! Does your dad hunt much or is he more or less helping you? Either way, enjoy your time with him and soak it all in! Times like that are very precious! ENJOY

Dlauth

Yes, dad does hunt quite a bit! Mainly for decent bucks! We spend countless hours during mid to late Summer's tending stands and running cameras! He killed a 100 inch but just a few days before gun season!