Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

wife's first deer from november

Well folks here is the story on this one. I called my wife from work this morning "11/14/2015" and told her I wanted us to go sit in a box stand at our house when I got off. I got off a little late but still had the gut feeling we needed to go. I grabbed my savage 220 and we headed to send a couple down range because she hadn't shot that gun yet. Two rounds and she was on point. We finally got nestled in the box at 1600 hours. Had an awesome wind today so we got positioned looking in the usual direction. I was whispering to her about memories from that stand over the last 10+ years when I caught movement. I saw a deer and told her to grab the gun. She got on the deer and had to reposition four times. Finally she was on him and said I'm ready. I was watching it through my binos and I told her to shoot when she was ready. She fired and I saw the buck bow up and run maybe 20 yards before pilling. I could see the blood spraying through my binoculars after the shot. The 265gr accutips did the usual. She was so happy and I was a nervous wreck. I checked my phone it was 1633. Three minutes later another small buck stepped out but she wanted to let him walk she said it wasn't an improvement from the other one. She helped drag and then skinned and gutted the buck with absolutely no help. I couldn't be more proud. Great hunt, great shot, great deer, and even more a great woman. Thank you Lord for my beautiful wife and mother of our child. Thank you for the quick harvest of another great deer. Thank you for the memories. Congratulations on your first deer baby.....I knows it's old news guys but I didn't get to share on this forum. I'm so proud of my wife and I hope you all enjoy and that someone can get some encouragement from this. Many times during a long unsuccessful season i get down and reading post on forums like this and getting to share someone else's success helps me push through until the last second. Yall still have some season up there go get em

Attachments

• 20151114_171322.jpg
    20151114_171322.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 113
  • 20151114_191243.jpg
    20151114_191243.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20151114_192846-1.jpg
    20151114_192846-1.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 117