Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A .22 will

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Interesting. When I was working in Lima 1974 or so a upset client of a attorney walked up to him in a bar and shot him in the eye. He was dead before he hit the floor. 22LR will kill, maybe slower than a larger centerfire but in time it will kill.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've never done any long range shooting with any .22 lr but have with the .22 mag and the mag of course is a lot more accurate out at longer distances and have had great results on ghogs @ up too 130 yards... I may do some experimenting this summer....

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
They should have shown the back side of the board for further proof of penetration as they did with the .22 short cartridges, just for verification.

I remember seeing a video somewhere where a block of ice is shot with a .22 round, it is quite impressive the damage that occurs.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Yes but a angled placed 44 mag 240 grain lead bullet at 15 ft will glance off. Sure pissed the bull off until shot under the ear.

Years ago I read an article about a guy shot in the head with a .44 mag and it did the same thing. I guess it plowed a heck of a grove up the guy's forehead. Don't remember if they followed up with one in the ear ;-)