Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1 More Biggun

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Muzzy season was a tough one for us. Really couldn't find enough guys to do any effective pushes. Saturday we did a few. Didnt really get much going. Sunday was basically a no go. Monday was a no go until about 3:30pm. A few guys got off work or got away from some work they were doing. We organized 6 of us and did a couple quick pushes, with nothing seen. We hit a spot that is a quick little push, not really expecting much to happen. We pushed out "the Buck", that everyone had been after. My buddy's dad had him broadside standing at 30 yards, and somehow shot him in the back leg. After a lengthy tacking job through the neighboring section, they tracked him to a small 12 acre woods that is basically off limits to most. Luckily the owner had already tagged out and let us go in and finish him off this morning. This is Dan's 3rd deer that will go over 180". They green scored him at 193". It has 16 scorable points. We have 1 trailcam photo of him. Here is our last group photo of the year. This deer has mass as thick as your wrist throughout his main beams. Just a massive freak. Pics dont really do justice

Gunther

Outstanding! I don't think I have ever seen a 180 on ground I have access to and that guy has 3, big congrats!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a couple pretty dang good spots. I know I have never seen a 180-190" deer on them. Congrats Ryan and crew!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I have a couple pretty dang good spots. I know I have never seen a 180-190" deer on them. Congrats Ryan and crew!
This one and his first one both had one thing in common: Their core area was a ton of protected ground with houses and tons of food and thick, nasty cover. I still dont know why this deer was where he was. Every other year this deer finds his protected area and you wont see him til the following spring/summer. Dan's other 180 came from a large section thats heavily hunted around it. He watched that deer grow from a 120" 2.5 year old to a gnarly 5.5 year old. Luck plays a part too. Dan is probably the least skilled shot out of all of us too. Whether it be with a bow, gun, whatever. But he doesnt settle either. He killed his 130" 9 point last year the night of the Super Bowl, which was the final night of bow season

Last edited: