Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Accidental shooting at OGCA gunshow today

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just told of a accidental shooting inside the OGCA gunshow today. Word I got was a guy shot himself and the bullet hit someone else. Both taken out on stretchers. And just think no loaded guns allowed.
Over the last 29 years I've been at 4 gunshows when someone shot off a loaded gun.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Bad part is my wife works the show. She was on the other side.
two years ago in indy guy next them shot a 45lc with birdshot into the floor. Woman got hit with bullet parts in the hip. My son got one birdshot in leg. He just popped it out. The idiot thought it was a blank.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Any one bringing a gun into an OGCA show must have a zip tie placed by an OGCA person at the entrance after its inspected to make certain its unloaded. No concealed carry is permitted. The OGCA has both local police, or sheriffs at all entrances to the building and only certain entrances can be used by guests The OGCA also has its own plain clothes security inside the shows to prevent theft, "dumb activity" and sales of items banned by management. These plain clothes will stop any one walking around without a tie on a gun.
I did not hear any shots at Berea saturday.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
any one bringing a gun into an ogca show must have a zip tie placed by an ogca person at the entrance after its inspected to make certain its unloaded. No concealed carry is permitted. The ogca has both local police, or sheriffs at all entrances to the building and only certain entrances can be used by guests the ogca also has its own plain clothes security inside the shows to prevent theft, "dumb activity" and sales of items banned by management. These plain clothes will stop any one walking around without a tie on a gun.
I did not hear any shots at berea saturday.

in willington.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
OGCA is at the Roberts Center in Wilmington, Berea is the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, Dick Walters Ohio Gun Shows. There was a huge crowd at Berea, but it seemed like it was business as usual, nothing changed other than guns flying off the tables.