Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

MZ Day 1

Lundy

8:45, Athens, Nice morning, 41 deg, light SE wind, SUNSHINE! 5 does, 2 small bucks so far, have only heard two shots.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Light fog here. 3 does at 8:00. Hear NO shots all day until dark.
At 5:30 5 does came into my food plot from the neighbors woods. Then 5 more, then 1 and 1 more for a total of 14 does before too dark to see. No bucks showed. All were in less than 75 yds and 5 walked past me at 10-20 yds. they all got a pass as I'm buck hunting only with my last tag.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I saw over a dozen slick heads at 3:45. They were moving pretty fast. I assume they were pushed from somewhere east.

Lundy

I had the same 5 does and the 2 small bucks come back by me late afternoon. Saw another 3-4 does, Heard 8-9 shots all day

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Kim, IMO the reason there are less shots is there are less hunters participating because many are already tagged out. Seems many gun/muzzy hunters have joined the bow and crossbow ranks to extend their season. They were probably tired of hearing of and seeing bucks they were after either killed,wounded or found dead so with the more advanced archery weapons they have at their disposal they just made the switch.

The harvest numbers at the end of the season the last several seasons sure are telling! Plus the deer numbers are down in a lot of areas as well. Just my opinion!

Didn't mean to side track your thread....GOOD LUCK!

Bigcountry40

First day I seen a spike hauling butt and a few minutes later 2 german shepards were trailing it lol. My cousin miss fired on 2 does broad side 50 yards, I then drove him 11 deer which he missed. He had a bad day.