Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

H&R ultra slug single shot

Steelheadtracker

Just bought an H&R Ultra slug single shot in 12 Guage and was wondering if anyone had ever used one and if they liked it. Thanks.

runhunter

I have the thumb hole deluxe in 20ga and I do love it. It's a tack driver at 100. I will say that they do tend to have a very common flaw. It is yet to happen to me, and I shoot that gun, it's no safe queen, but they are known for light hammer strikes. Some guys blame the ammo, but it's not. Just giving you a heads up, it's an easy fix, if it happens.

runhunter

I put the Nikon bdc slug hunter on mine and I have been very happy with it. I always put the best glass I can afford on my guns. Depending on your price range and how much you will use it, will help justify what you spend.

runhunter

Lightfields and the Remington Accutips seem to be 2 of the favorite slug choices. Every gun is different but I would think that should be a good starting place.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hornadys 2 3/4" seems too be a preferred round as well out of these guns... Buy a box of each and see which is best... Let us know the results....