Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

220 conibear bucket sets

at1010

*Supporting Member*
been thinking about trying these sets. Seem easy and mobile from farm to farm.

I have a bunch of duke coon traps that I love but the bucket set seems to be a nice way to catch them, and kill them quick.

anyone have experience with these? What do I need to get these setup? Looks like I need that trap setter bar or whatever they call it?

thank you for guidance.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah it works great but they are illegal to use. Trap that size has to be submerged under water. We used them all the time back in the day in barns up in the bay lofts.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yeah it works great but they are illegal to use. Trap that size has to be submerged under water. We used them all the time back in the day in barns up in the bay lofts.

O dang! That's right, I knew there was a reason I stopped researching this in the past. Why's it illegal? What about 110s? To small for coons?

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Can't keep non targeted animals out of them. No catch and release with 220's. I found out on here that they couldn't be used either. I should get refreshed up on the laws I guess lol.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Honestly i travel a lot for work and just figured I'd ask on here than read regs while j we in a hotel room haha