Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

what a start to the season

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well the plan to spread some salt this morning then come home to eat, shower, smoke up, and kill something is not looking good. The ol' Dodge wouldn't start even plugged in. Cold morning. Have the F350 hooked to one battery running at high idle and a jump box on the other. Hope she starts soon. One truck is salting, the other is in our shop being stripped of the plow and salt spreader to be sold. Son of a gun. Wish that spreader was already mounted on the new truck right now! Wish me luck, might have to be an evening hunt today.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Update! I am listening to dualing diesels right now! Just as good as dueling banjos to my ears this morning to get me going! Yeehaw! Going to drive around the block to check rthe fields to see if the deer are yarded up anywhere while trhe Dodge warms up! Talked to my foreman and he is making good time! Might be wearing orange at dayligHt yet!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Update! She started and is warming up! Off to check fields for yarded up deer. Might make it afterall! Foreman said he is making good time on his route! Yeah baby!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Guess that first update wasn't lost in cyberspace afterall! Dang phone and cold fingers don't mix. Just wanted to say a prayer has been snet out to all my TOO brothers for a safe and successful hunt today! Thank the Lord we arer able to get out today and hunt his beautiful Earth!

Thanks for the well wishes Curran!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
With the delay in spreading salt this morning, I didn't make it back before the sun came up. Sounds like a good thing. My buddy hunted the property this morning and didn't see a thing. Decided to take a walk. He found one set of deer tracks and tons of coyote tracks. Need to adjust the game plan for an evening hunt I suppose. Maybe hunt a woods just down the road to see if this is where the deer were pushed?