Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

gun cleaning kit

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I got a few gift cards to Cabelas.

I have variety of guns, all different calibars ranging from 22, 17hmr, 45pistol, 300 savage, etc.

Any recommendations for a good gun cleaning kit? Looking for an all in one type of deal.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I recommend spending the money on a large tackle box or storage box. You are going to end up with multiple kits. Might find one that covers "most" calibers but there are always those special add ons we tend to find and like just a little better than what came in the kit. I really like the boresnakes. They don't detail a gun or tear apart a pistol, or bolt for cleaning, but for a quick cleaning on the barrel they sure are nice.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I recommend spending the money on a large tackle box or storage box. You are going to end up with multiple kits. Might find one that covers "most" calibers but there are always those special add ons we tend to find and like just a little better than what came in the kit. I really like the boresnakes. They don't detail a gun or tear apart a pistol, or bolt for cleaning, but for a quick cleaning on the barrel they sure are nice.

I do have some of those for shotguns. Looking more for the rifle calibers and pistols. I do like bore snakes, and just a rag with some oil for slug guns.