Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Executive actions

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Reading those just made my eyes hurt and got me tongue tied. Seemed like a lot of broad brush strokes stating what he wants to happen. Many of these seem like they will step on toes. I read part of it to my wife about HIPPA now being allowed to share information. She is a nurse. Her words: "That would undermine what HIPPA is about. Why would we even have HIPPA then?" Heck if I know. I'm not a nurse!

What I read? There are going to be a lot of high dollar used firearms for sale. The President just ran the price up again.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
As normal he doesn't know what's going on. Such as internet sales, all legal internet sales must be shipped to a FFL dealer and then a background check is done before the transfer.
The future gunshow background check really bothers me, it's just a way to stop gun sales and nothing else.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Do you know what's in it?

Yeah. It basically bans all AR / AK / and other semi automatic weapons by make / model / and description made after passage of the law. Those made before passage can be kept but only sold to FFls. Meaning you could only sell it to an FFl and he could only sell it to another FFL.

It also bans any magazine that can hold over 10 rounds for any weapon to include pistols and allows for forfeiture and seizure of any mag over 10 rounds.

It requires firearms to be secured.

It also has lists a long list of approved firearms by make an model, as well as banned. This would mean any weapon made after this date would needed an act of congress to add it to the approved list before it can be sold.

Every one of the sponsors are democrats.

and as always it exempts cops and other various forms of government ownership

https://nationalgunrights.org/press/gun-rights-news/item/751-hr4269

As normal he doesn't know what's going on. Such as internet sales, all legal internet sales must be shipped to a FFL dealer and then a background check is done before the transfer.
The future gunshow background check really bothers me, it's just a way to stop gun sales and nothing else.

The way I see it he's making it seem like he's solving a problem that most don't even know isn't there. I mean who wouldn't want to keep people from ordering guns over the internet and not have a background check!! To the uninformed he is brilliant...

Wmiller07

Yeah. It basically bans all AR / AK / and other semi automatic weapons by make / model / and description made after passage of the law. Those made before passage can be kept but only sold to FFls. Meaning you could only sell it to an FFl and he could only sell it to another FFL.

It also bans any magazine that can hold over 10 rounds for any weapon to include pistols and allows for forfeiture and seizure of any mag over 10 rounds.

It requires firearms to be secured.

It also has lists a long list of approved firearms by make an model, as well as banned. This would mean any weapon made after this date would needed an act of congress to add it to the approved list before it can be sold.

Every one of the sponsors are democrats.

and as always it exempts cops and other various forms of government ownership

https://nationalgunrights.org/press/gun-rights-news/item/751-hr4269

Well guess there are going to be a lot of new criminals if it goes through.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
The Berea Fairgrounds will run out of parking places this Saturday and Sunday.

A Sincere thank you to the "Union members" who voted the kenyan into office.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well the clown just signed the 'king for the day ruling' and had a news conference. Saving the world.