Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Eurasian Wigeon?

I am pretty sure I shot a Eurasian wigeon this morning but I'm not sure. i have a storm phase wigoen in the freezer. If this is indeed a eurasian ill shoot a prime drake american wigoen and get the three of them mounted. That would complete the trifecta.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sure looks like it could be a Eurasian, Tom. Not fully plumed by any means but still a nice bird.

Sure looks like it could be a Eurasian, Tom. Not fully plumed by any means but still a nice bird.

I know it is not a fully colored out bird. However, it probably will be the only Eurasian I will shoot in my life. ive wanted to do a set of standing wigeons on a log since i shot the storm phase bird. If i shoot a more mature eurasian it can easily replace this bird.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know it is not a fully colored out bird. However, it probably will be the only Eurasian I will shoot in my life. ive wanted to do a set of standing wigeons on a log since i shot the storm phase bird. If i shoot a more mature eurasian it can easily replace this bird.
Yea I know what you mean. Definitely a rare bird! If my memory is correct I think Carpn shot one of these a couple years ago. It was a stud too.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nice! I'd give my left you know what for a Eurasian. That one I killed a few yrs ago was chiloe wigeon.

Last edited: