Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2 Day harvest results

Lundy

Based on the shooting I heard on Monday I expected higher numbers but there was very, very little shooting on Tuesday.

"COLUMBUS, OH - Hunters checked 9,447 white-tailed deer during Ohio’s 2015 two-day deer-gun hunting season, Dec. 28-29, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). The last time Ohio held a two-day December deer-gun season was in 2012 with 14,365 deer harvested. That year, the season was held on a weekend and accounted for just more than 6 percent of the entire deer harvest. This year’s two-day season total is projected to account for slightly more than 5 percent of all deer harvested."

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Looks about right . Especially being Monday and Tues . I hunted both evening and saw a lot of deer . Still a bunch out there

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I honestly think it was the weather in NW Ohio on Monday. No clue on Tuesday. The only thing I can think of is the deer were on the other side of the creek before it flooded.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cold Rain on Monday. Blowing like mad on Tuesday. Not on a weekend. I am a bit surprised there were as many killed as reported.

Buckmaster

Portage
Rained and blew Monday after 10 am thru Tuesday over here in Portage. I scraped hunting after Monday morning. Only heard 2 shots all day both days from my living room.
I'm surprised the number was that high.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It rained all day in SW Ohio, plus it rained most of Monday night. And I'm on the wrong side of the creek for hunting Tuesday morning but made it out in the afternoon. Only hear one shot north across the road 1/2 mile away and 2 shots south about 1 mile away.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hard to believe it was that high with the weather.
I don't know Of anyone who was out in my area Jake. Saw one truck parked but no orange in his tree stand. Suppose he could have skipped his orange. He has been known to leave his tree stand as well. Known for emptying rounds but I don't know of any deer he has tagged or recovered.

The other guys I knew who planned on hunting physically could not get to their stands due to flooding. I think the numbers are bogus.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
There was a coupled parked around after I got off work both mornings, and I did hear two pop shots at 730 when I walked in the house Tuesday morning. But it was plenty dark. I haven't seen a deer out browsing around since before gun season other then the five that are staying beside the house. I hope they finish the season right where they are. Been dumping corn for them and they have seemed to stay so far.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
NE part of the state got the rain last and there was a couple of hours after day break that you could of hunted.... After 12 it was coming down pretty good.... We had moved some decent numbers of deer doing some drives..... Our county had more bucks than does taken....

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I heard a good amount of shooting both evenings I hunted . Sounded like guys doing drives . I can hear a pretty big area from that property , and I probably heard 30 to 50 shots each evening