Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

another day for the books!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Spoiler alert, I didn't kill a big buck!

However, I have a buddy who has helped me numerous hours over the years. His family doesn't hunt but he grow up with all guys who have hunted since we were able too. He has helped me plant plots, hang sets, butcher deer, and mostly listen to me ramble about deer over a few deer for years. Well two years ago he wanted to start hunting. I allowed him to hunt my farm a few times but he never had a chance at a buck let alone a deer. With the numbers seemingly up at the farm I invited him down for bonus gun. I equipped him with my uncle's 4570 that is shot into a nats ass, and put him in a stand I knew he would see some deer. Well by 830 am this morning he shot his first deer, it aint a hog but a darn good one to start. The 4570 crack was very loud, and I heard him shoot. I sent a text, and he confirmed he killed a doe.

I honestly have had the best season of my life. I haven't killed a buck but I have put two young buddies of mine on their first deer. Means more to me than killing a pig, I am still going to try though!

Thank you for reading! IMG_1266.JPG

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great stuff Albert! That's awesome that you've helped two buddies kill their first! Well done sir!:smiley_clap: