Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Monday of two day gun

Lundy

Athens Noon update, 40 deg,NE wind at 13, raining again, no rain all morning until 20 min ago.

First shots anywhere close and not really that close just now.

I saw 5 at 8:45, 4 doe and a button. A single button at 10:45 and a doe at 11:30. She is still in the brush in the field feeding right now at around 110 yds all by her lonesome

Turkeys everywhere

Muddy mess !!!!!!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just stopped raining here in the SW. Temp is dropping and windy. Bad flood warnings until Tuesday afternoon. We got over 2" on Sunday and at least 2" Monday. Going to check my creek in a bit but I know it's up as I can hear it from 75 yds away and the wind is gusting. Doesn't look good for me hunting this afternoon or maybe in the morning.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sloppy mess in Allen county. I'll continue working on paperwork and being a diligent worker bee.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
CANCEL that stopped raining report as it started to rain hard again. Will ever stop.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sandusky County. Sleet at around 7:30 a.m. and turned to rain around 9 or so. Now it is absolutely pouring. NE wind 10-20 mph. Terrible conditions for deer hunting.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Rain and lots of wind, didn't stop the deer from moving while we pushed them... Second drive of the morning I had 4 doe go by @ 40 yards.... 3 left.....

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congrats J!

Rain stopped for now in Jefferson County. Sitting in the blind with Kody. 3k pics since Saturday. Hopefully daytime action. Forgot my little camera I bring to check the card.

Hoping this guy shows soon. He was on the last check.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451332337.618499.jpg

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Congrats J! Freezing rain in Williams right now. I'm pretty sheltered in my spot.

Lundy

Dry and warm in my box. A couple of shots on the neighbor. 2 does at 2:15 and three more at 2:45 coming from neighbors property. The doe that came into the field at 11:30 is still there. She will lay a while and then feed a while. I think we is the one I saw during gun season and on camera that was or is sick or hurt. She was all bones and had diarrhea. Now she looks much better if it is the same deer. Had about 30 mins of rain at 2:30, stopped for now, NE at 15

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks guys, I was with OhioSam down at the orchard we had 8 guys total and on the second drive I made the trek across the holla and half way up the other side... This is pretty much the same spot one of the guys killed the buck during gun week.... Wasn't going too shoot at first but my buddy didn't score anything and I wanted too put some venison in his freezer too help him out.... So it worked out pretty good.... She's about the same size as the last one I got and should get him thru the winter and into summer....
Done up here for now, but will make the trip south for the Sunday muzzy hunt with some too brothers too spend the day chasing them down there.... Looking forward too that trip....

Tomorrow I'll be out playing dog for the guys who hadn't had any luck yet.... I'll be a whole lot lighter on gear and have my walking boots on....

Lundy

Based upon deer movement this afternoon and shots it will probably be a big kill today. I have seen 16 more since 3 and they are close to me! One walked within in 15 ft of the box