Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Slick Trick Grizz Trick 2 tuning issues

Hey guys. Has anyone else had any tuning issues with Grizz Tricks? I used to shoot ST magnums, decided to switch to hypodermics and after not being happy with the way the hypodermics performed, I made the switch to Grizz Tricks. I've broadhead tuned before and had no issues but for some reason these heads are causing me grief. I started with French tuning the bow. FP's shot dead on to 60 yards. Then moved to broadhead tuning. No matter what I do, it seems the broadheads are just like 1.5-2" low and left of FP. I'm shooting them out of a Hoyt Nitrum 30, 73 lb. draw, 27 draw length. Shooting Easton Axis 340's. Just wondering if anyone had an tricks? Thanks guys!

Yeah, same here with the hypodermics. And not even bad shot issues, we all make bad shots every once in a while, I'm def. no different, but when 3 of the deer you killed had arrow holes through heart and at least one lung and then barely a blood trail, it gets real old real quick. Lol. I'm sure you know what I mean

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Draw board with top cam hitting credit card thickness before the bottom cam.

Paper tune to perfect bullet hole at 6 feet

Go to bare shaft shooting using a foam target and make very minor adjustments to correct bare shaft arrow angle issues. Extremely small movements can make big changes here

If you have a rock solid repeatable form, you should easily be able to shoot bare shafts a fletched shafts out to 50 yards with Same point of impact

Then you have to square and spin your arrows to get the broadhead flying true

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You want (to the best you can ) to have the center of the arrow go through the center of the Berger hole. Arrow level or very slightly nock high

10-4. Yeah I don't know what the issue is. Like I said. I've tuned a good amount of arrows before but these ones have a personal vendetta against me. Everything is lining up correctly. Gonna get it on the press to check timing and cam lean and then reset everything and go from there like you said.