Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got a Taurus? Check the model...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nice of them too get the problem fixed.... Especially after getting sued and all for it....
Liked the part that they don't have to admit it was faulty lol...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice of them too get the problem fixed.... Especially after getting sued and all for it....
Liked the part that they don't have to admit it was faulty lol...

I would say three or four accidental discharges out of likely millions sold doesn't really constitute as a faulty product. Seems more like good ole greedy class action lawyers to me. The reason they don't want to admit a defect is people who have one could opt out of the class action settlement and sue on their own. They would win pretty easily if Taurus admitted a fault existed. As it stands if they want to opt out and sue alone they would have to prove it.

What pisses me off is the buy back amount is based on numbers received and max out at $200 if less than 10,000 come back. The minimum payout is $31 is over 100,000 are received. To be eligible you have to send you pistol back and wait for the return deadline to pass. At that time a price will be decided based on number returned (capped at 30 million dollars). So x number returned divided 30 million dollars up to $200 each. Oh, and if you don't agree with the final price the pistol will not be returned.

Or you could send it back free of charge for repair. It'll likely be some gay trigger safety install.

By the way the class action lawyer made 9 million.