Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB .38 Hammerless Pistol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
S&W642. Sweet little piece. Love it. I would steer clear of Taurus simply for personal opinion although I think it would be difficult for them to screw up a revolver.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For the record: I have NOT heard anything good or bad about the Taurus 38 revolvers. It is strictly a personal issue. If I had a choice between a Kia/Hyundia or a Honda/Toyota, I would pick a Honda or Toyota. S&W has been around and known for solid revolvers. I am choosing the best I can get to defend my life.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Stay away from Rossi. It's been my past 40 yrs of experience that 99% of used pistols are used very little. Shot a few times and the owner sells it to move onto something new. Especially in the larger calibers.
There are 2 types of pistol shooters. A normal pistol shooter shoots very little. A shootist pistol shooter shoots a whole lot. I'm a shootist and shoot a whole lot of everything..

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Oh, mine does not have the internal lock. The 12 lb trigger pull is safety enough imo.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's the one for sale:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450922709.009259.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Also not a Taurus fan after shooting my cousins 44mag. and listening to his issues. Don't recall exactly what they were but he sent it in twice. I ended up with a S&W snubby, but anything mechanical in nature can have issues, right?. All about personal preference and fitting the budget in my mind.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Ohio Valley Outdoor in Athens has the 642 for 349.99 as of last week. Id pick one up for you if you wanted it since its 30 min from me.