Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Group Muzzy Hunt at AEP

Will you attend the group hunt?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sunday, January 10th, 2016 - Meet at 9AM

We will meet here: Hook Lake- Campground A - 9160 N. St. Rt. 83 - McConnelsville, Ohio 43756 - 39.727849, -81.708157

They are known to lock the gates on the campgrounds, but there should be enough room on both sides of the road for us to convene if they are locked. I chose this spot because it's right on St. Rt. 83, which is the main drag through AEP and the one most of you will end up on anyways.

Please RSVP via the poll so I can plan this thing accordingly. Please don't vote "Yes" until you know for sure you will be there. This is going to take a good bit of legwork on my part, so I don't want to plan for 25 guys and 12 show up, or worse, the other way around. We'll do the hard drives first, and the easy ones last. I expect to do anywhere from 4-6 drives and we will walk ALOT. Also, don't be surprised if some of us do a couple drives, then find a spot to stand around and bullshit for a while. I'm going to make sure we have some quality drives lined up, but I'm not holding hands all day either. You're all big boys and this is a big ass place, so you're all free to do as you wish if several members of the group decide to grab a tailgate and enjoy each others company. This is as much about getting together as it is killing deer. I mention this so that you know what to expect.

More details will surface as we get closer, as well as during the meeting prior to the hunt.

You can view a map of the AEP grounds here: AEP ReCreation Land Map

You will need a permit from AEP, which is free and available here: AEP ReCreation Land Access Permit

I will check to verify a valid permit, hunting license and at least one either-sex tag. If you are missing any of the three, expect to take a lot of shit and get a cold ass while you sit on the tailgate of the truck waiting on us to come back. The last thing we need is for someone to get nailed for a wildlife violation.

And as always...

Each party - i.e. all attendees and TheOhioOutdoors.com, comprised of Joe Wilson, Jesse Roush, the members, representatives, and affiliates of TheOhioOutdoors.com - shall be responsible for its own liability arising from its attendance and involvement in this function. WE ARE NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries, or deaths. You are attending this event by your own free will and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOhioOutdoors.com for any claim, demand, cost, liability, loss, or damage suffered as a result of attending this function.

tpierce

My first ever deer hunt was in Reinersville. I hunted with a group of 6-10 guys every year for 15 years. Always had a ball, and we always did drives on the last days of gun season. I haven't been up there for almost 20 years, but I think about it every year. I may not be able to resist it! Although, I've already filled my buck tag, so I could shoot a doe only. I'll respond on the poll over the weekend. I LOVE that area!

Bigcountry40

I've asked once, anyone (multiple peoples) interested in getting a hotel room and playing cards and drinking beer? It would'nt feel right unless I lose $20 playing poker and pushing woods with a pounding headache if I am traveling 2 hours to hunt.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not I. Only an hour for me. However we are talking about building a cabin at the farm, which is 35-45 minutes from AEP. Next year I could host some people.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Anybody want to meet at the BP station in Cambridge at the intersection of 22/77? Figured anyone coming from up north or north east will have to go through that way and we could follow each other from there or even hop in together. I'm known to get lost. Lol