Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2 day gun

Lundy

Is anyone beside me hunting any of those 2 days or are you boycotting for moral reasons?:smiley_clap:

Anyone taking their kids or first time hunters out? I think I'm going to take a fairly new hunter that has never killed a deer with me. I'm looking forward to this hunt.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'll be out, trying too fill my last tag for a buddy too put some meat in his freezer....if I fill it I'll have too head south for the muzzle loader season....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm taking a buddy who has only been on one deer hunt and never killed a deer out on Monday morning. The wife and I will hunt both evenings in an attempt to get her a deer. This will be her 12th season of hunting. She's killed 10 deer. Only season she didn't kill one is the year she was 7-9 months pregnant. We've had a good run, so I want to keep it rolling.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I am taking a first time deer hunter out. Great guy in his 30's who I took turkey hunting for the first time this past spring has been hooked.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I plan on full day hunts both days. If not succesfull I plan on 4 full day hunts in ML season.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No objections from me. I'd like my son to get out but that dang school gets in the way. Maybe in the evenings for him. Or maybe I'll hunt mornings just to keep trespassers out.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
No objections from me. I'd like my son to get out but that dang school gets in the way. Maybe in the evenings for him. Or maybe I'll hunt mornings just to keep trespassers out.

Let him skip school as he'll learn more hunting with his dad than in school.

What am I thinking it's a Saturday and Sunday. There's no school.

I wonder why the state moved the bonus day back 3 weeks instead of the normal 2 weeks from gun season?

Lundy

I wonder why the state moved the bonus day back 3 weeks instead of the normal 2 weeks from gun season?

It is moved back 4 weeks from gun season and I think because most kids are out of school the week between Christmas and New years and a lot of parents are home that week and not working.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is moved back 4 weeks from gun season and I think because most kids are out of school the week between Christmas and New years and a lot of parents are home that week and not working.
Doh. You are correct. Guess the little man isn't going to be in school. Hahahaa. I'm an idiot.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio

It is 4 weeks. Looks like I need to get a assistant to keep me straight. The wife's not interested.