Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mom's Surgery Update

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
As some of you know, yesterday my MIL, Moonlabs (Chads) Mom went in for surgery to remove cancer around her stomach and esophagus. She went back for surgery around 11:50 am. It was supposed to be a three hour surgery. So either it was going to take 3 hours in which time they would remove all of the cancer, her stomach and part of her esophagus, or it would only be about an hour where they open her up, find that it had spread and close her back up. Unfortunately they found that it has spread immensely. They went ahead and closed her up. The next step is to talk to an Oncologist to see where we go from here. Im typing this up with a lump in my throat right now. My wife, along with Chad and the rest of the family are completely devastated. Charlotte truly is an angel. She is one of the most caring people I have ever met, which begs the question, WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE!!! I will do my best to keep everyone up to date. I know not everyone is the praying type, I tend to be one of them, but please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.