Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

AR sales

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Dayton OH gunshow was last weekend and AR's were flying off the tables in sales. My son's friend had 5 complete AR's and sold them all Saturday morning. Not sure how many uppers or lower he also sold.
It maybe the public is scared again due to Obama's-Clinton's demand for common sense gun control of assault weapons.

Wmiller07

I figured that would happen again if our emperor tried gun control again. Though I don't think it will be as bad as last time since most everyone that wanted an AR got one.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
We were at the gun store last weekend and I heard at least 3 people come up to the table and say "I don't really shoot guns, I just feel like I need to buy one the way things are going these days". I think a lot of people are worried about protecting themselves, as well as not being able to get their hands on guns and ammo in the future, especially AR's.

Wmiller07

Amazing how reality smacks people in the face. No matter what Obama says, people are realizing they are responsible for their own safety. I've talked to a couple people at work that said they want to buy their first gun.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I think in January I'm going to get an AR and stock up on ammo. The way the world is now, maybe a few machine guns and a cannon would be a good idea, too.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My son has had my extra S&W 29 in 44 Mag for 20 odd years now so I traded it to him for a new Uzi in 9MM. His reply was 'I thought you gave it to me years ago' my reply was 'a nice thought that's not going anywhere'.
Thought the Uzi would be a nice house gun, might even get a SPR-short barrel rifle- stamp for it.

Ever heard the expression 'don't mess with Frank'?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Bought one last week. Felt a strong need to have a military style weapon in my house to fend off radical muslims, rioting blacks, zombies or whatever else the media says will get me. Slowly but surely getting ammo for it now.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Probably getting one here soon for similar reasons. Hope to at least get started by buying some mags and ammo soon. No interest in owning an AR for fun.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I can't remember who said it but that person reminded us that the Continental Congress could not afford to buy rifles for volunteers in the Revolutionary War. Guys like Ethan Allen had to bring his own rifle when they captured Fort Ticonderoga.
If your ever up that way NY=Vermont, you would be shocked at the number of cannons and morters are at the Fort now.

I bought a Nam style AR back in 1986.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'm pretty traditional in my gun tastes, blued steel and walnut, single shots, side by sides and revolvers. But I can say a well built AR is a joy to shoot. Hope to own one some day ;-)