Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nice camp sites in hocking hills?

teej89

NE PA
The GF, dog and I are gonna hike hocking this weekend due to the RIDICULOUSLY warm weather... we'll be camping in a tent, anyone have any sites to recommend? I'm not a fan of the sites that are all out in the open but ones that are spaced out in the woods a little.

HeartLunger

Hocking Hills campsite has some that you could pitch a tent in the woods. Pull up a map, they are at the top of the hill on the first drive to the left on the right hand side...first few sites. Sorry I don't know the site numbers.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Top of the cave campground is nice.

My wife and I stayed there back when we were either dating or newly wedded. They had great sites back in the woods plus tepees. Another cool thing was just about 100 yards or so down the road from the entrance was a wide walking path across the road from each other. The hiking trail started and ended there and was like 10-13 mikes or so. I could be way off cuz it was very long ago though but "The Top O The Caves" campground was a great place back then!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah last time I was there was 2000 so a while for me also. They have a cool site on a peninsula in the woods that we stayed on. Then we just camped in the Wayne off of sand run road for a few years. Need to get back down there.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do NOT stay at "Caveman Retreats". We did once. Sewage running out the bathroom doors. Nobody available to take care of it. Contacted them and their reply was "Oh. Is it backed up again?" The local KOA is top notch and the owners are outstanding. I believe they close seasonally though. For tent camping, I would think the state park would be great.