Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Late season morning vs. evening?, corn vs. soybeans?

NEOhunter

Okay so I'm looking to get some tips now that were into December and I haven't got a deer yet. I remember reading some peoples insights on the site about not hunting mornings early in the season. I listened to this advice and hunted evenings at the beginning of the year and found that I was seeing more deer in the early season. So thanks for the advice!

With that being said I guess my question is if you had to pick morning or evening this time of year what do you think is best? I know the obvious answer is anytime you can get in the woods/stand is better than not being in there.

My other question is will deer prefer milling through cut corn fields or cut soybeans late in the the season?

Thanks.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
If and when it gets really cold, I'd hunt all day long if possible. Otherwise I'd stick to the evenings on the corn.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
No corn nearby here so it's a hay field and clover-radish food plot. With this continued warmer weather the clover is still green as ever.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yes to the first three posts above! Not that the others aren't right either though...

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you have a corn field that meets a alfalfa field hunt that area.... Best of both worlds right there, and if there's any acorns in that area that may still be on the ground you'll see them in that area on a consist an basis....