Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Are you an NRA member?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
For what it's worth, no I'm not. The NRA wasted more money on mailings to me than I paid to be a member. When I wrote them about it, I was blown off. Said fugg it.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
For what it's worth, no I'm not. The NRA wasted more money on mailings to me than I paid to be a member. When I wrote them about it, I was blown off. Said fugg it.

The NRA isn't perfect but they are the best in town to protect our gun rights. Local and small state outfits are just a pissing in a wind outfit on the big national stage in gun rights.

I'm a NRA Life Member and proud to be. Every male member in our immediate family are all Life Members which is 5 total.

Last edited:

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Ive been looking into, not too deep, but I get the mailings. I haven't pulled the trigger yet (Pun intended). Frank, care to explain the benefits? Anybody for that matter?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Me either Sam. I wish the GOA was as influential but it isnt. So the NRA is the answer for now.

I also get very little junk mail. When I got the last phone call couple years ago I told them to mark my records for no phone calls and it worked.

Benefits, probably not much directly to each individual member except a gun thief insurance policy.
On a National scene the NRA is the major driving force of millions of members and congress pays attention to that. I also believe the NRA Life Member numbers means a whole lot to the member of Congress.

IMHO

HeartLunger

Me either Sam. I wish the GOA was as influential but it isnt. So the NRA is the answer for now.

Yep, I think GOA is a better organization based on their beliefs. They need more members and money. The NRA seems too quick to back down and negotiate away - they believe in the stepping stone theory.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Which has worked. Is there something recently the NRA has given up on that has even a slight possibility of changing?

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
They're not perfect but I will continue to renew every year. I hear that about the junk mail a lot also but I get something from them maybe 4 times a year or less?

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Yes I am a $10 member and do get bombarded by junk mail. I guess the NRA is collecting money from the junk mail companies. I have been to the NRA museum, its worth a stop.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
One thing to remember guys. Membership dues can not be spent on legislative work. Only organizational costs and membership recruitment. To make a difference in legislation and lobbying you have to donate to the NRA-ILA, those funds can be spent on lobbying and politics. The reason you receive more junk mail is they really can't spend it on much else and they're trying to get you to donate to the ILA.