Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyotes - it didn't take long

HeartLunger

Dumped the carcasses yesterday and set up a cam overlooking them. It didn't take long for the coyotes to find them.

HeartLunger

I would but a neighbor's dog was on it a few hours after I put them out. I'm not sure who's dog it is, or why the owner feels it's ok to let it roam, but I wouldn't want that guilt.

reo

N.E. Ohio
Dogs do not struggle when snared so they are or can be released unharmed. You need severe yote population control and that cannot be done without trapping. Hunting them is a blast but you will not make a dent. Get some snares.

HeartLunger

Dogs do not struggle when snared so they are or can be released unharmed. You need severe yote population control and that cannot be done without trapping. Hunting them is a blast but you will not make a dent. Get some snares.

Where? I saw some on Amazon. Are those ok?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I caught the in-laws dog in a snare last year, it was fine. Domestic dogs don't put up a fight like a wild animal will when caught.

I'd say so. You have to understand that I'm a former employee, though

Understood. Good luck killing those yotes! We've started predator hunting 2 years back but haven't had a whole lot of success. Weary, smart little guys...We've had a few get vocal and come to our call/sets but laying eyes on or getting a shot opportunity is another story. Most guys I talk with say trapping is a lot more efficient, guess I'll have to start getting educated on it.