Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ticks

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
About ready to hop in the shower and notice a funky black spot on my back. Turned out to be a tick. Not sure I'd never had a tick on me before and I get one the first week of December...wtf? He was pretty skinny so he hadn't been on long. So I guess everyone should pay attention.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes. And if you find a tick on you this time of year, chances are it's probably a black-legged tick, the main carrier of Lyme Disease.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I helped cape out a buck at Ric and Ron's deer camp last night. I'd say 20 ticks came off it while we were doing it. Nasty little bastards anyways!

Steelheadtracker

I'm not going to lie I act like a girl when a tick is on me or I see one. They absolutely disgust me. My wife and I bought a couple "tick keys" off Amazon that take a tick off perfectly keeping the head on. If taken off improperly it can cause regurgitation from the tick back into you which is what spreads disease or the head to stay Inside you.

giblet

Best protection against ticks is to spray your hunting clothes with a permethrin based spray - there are commercially available products like Sawyers or some people even mix their own to cut cost - you will most likely never see a tick with permethrin treated clothes